One staff member of the Royal Media Services(RMS) has died after an alleged food poisoning.
Confirming the incident, the local media house noted that it had engaged a private catering company to provide meals for staff working during the Christmas shift.
The company says, most of the staffers who consumed the meal started complaining of stomach upset on December 26 before one of the staff members succumbed.
“In keeping with holiday period working arrangements, the RMS engaged a private food catering company to provide meals for staff working during the Christmas shift. On Boxing Day December 26 2022, some of the staff complained of severe stomach pains after consuming meals served within the premises of the company.
“We are deeply shocked and saddened to inform the public that one staff member has unfortunately succumbed to the illness attributed to suspected food poisoning,” RMS confirmed.
The matter remains under investigation.
“RMS is providing all the necessary support to the affected staff and the suspected food poisoning incident is currently under investigation,” the statement further reads.