• Thu. Mar 23rd, 2023

Mob kills 17-year-old minor for stealing phone in Kayole


Jan 6, 2023
[contact-form-7 id="3805" title="Contact form 1"]

Officers from the Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) in Kayole have launched investigations into the murder of a 17-year-old minor who was beaten by a mob after he was accused of stealing a mobile phone.

The deceased identified as Anthony Kihara while in the company of two others who escaped unhurt was accused of stealing a mobile phone from a member of the public.

Kihara was later rescued by good Samaritans who rushed him to Mama Lucy Hospital with multiple body injuries.

ALSO READ  Kiambu woman suspected to participate in macabre murder of her 2 kids arraigned in court

Minor succumbs to injuries

He later succumbed while receiving treatment.

PAY ATTENTION: Email your news TIPS to citizensreportke@gmail.com or WhatsApp +254701490148.

“Joshua Gitau, a resident of Chokaa reported that his son AnthonyKihara had been subjected to mob Injustice and was rushed to Mama Lucy Hospital where he succumbed while receiving treatment,” the police report seen by K24 Digital read in part.

It added: “Officers on duty led by OCS Mihang’o, the OCCP HurligHurlingham together with Crime Personnels visited the hospital and established that the 17-year-old had been brought to the hospital with multiple body injuries as a result of mob injustice.”

ALSO READ  Health officials on high alert over suspected sale of dog meat

This comes few days after a 39-year-old man was on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 subjected to mob injustice at Yokia beach in Mfangano Islands, Homa Bay County.

Edwin Opiyo Obonyo (now deceased) is reported to have come from Takawiri beach the previous day after him and his accomplice were found stealing 10 fishing nets at the said beach.

They then escaped to Yokia beach where they were spotted and subjected to mob injustice as his accomplice safely escaped the wrath of the angry fishermen.

ALSO READ  Armyworms infestation devastates herders in Kajiado

Opiyo was rescued by a good Samaritan and taken to Sena Sub-County Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The body of the deceased was moved to Kirindo Med 25 Private Morgue awaiting an autopsy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

[contact-form-7 id="3805" title="Contact form 1"]
Text Us
Generated by Feedzy